Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Monk who sold his Ferrari

Robin Sharma asks in his book, titled as above, What is it that you are searching for? Do you want to be a better father and live a more balanced, rewarding life? Is it adventure and fun that you feel you are lacking? He postulates that if doing the above will make you happy then direct all of your energy doing it. Once you are concentrating your mind power and energy on a pursuit that you love, abundance flows into your life. You will wake up every morning with a limitless reservoir of energy and enthusiasm (Gee, this is a dream!!! However, I must mention here that my dear childhood friend, Bamoo often told me that in his job the salary is a bonus!! - He is a journalist BTW). The person the author talks to says, Would'nt it be risky for me to leave my job to start searching for my overriding passion? I mean, I have a family and real obligations! Robin Sharma answers, You will have to start taking risks, shake up your life a bit. Take the road less travelled. Come out of your comfort zone!
Hmmmm, nice philosophy and worth dwelling on if things don't work out for you in your job. I love my job as operational head of an SBU but its the "nit-picking" that gets to me!!

2 comments:

Violet Star said...

The Child in me could the stars reach

The Man in me can only “reality” preach

Thousand "reasons" submerge my dreams

And awaken me to dreary realms

Somewhere, sometimes a tiny voice speaks –

YOU are the abundance, YOU are the Joy

Break the cocoon, Emerge Oh Boy!

Can an empty pitcher ever fill someone’s glass?

Fill your own first and your mediocrity surpass;

The stars would shine again,

When you will your life regain.

danzico said...

Hi, thanks, that was...well....thought provoking.