Saturday, April 19, 2008

(Abs)olute endurance!!!!

I met Rajesh while I was finishing one of my "lung searing" work outs. He was doing push-ups with his legs raised on a park bench after running approx. 4K. I went up to him and made intermittent conversation while trying to catch my breath. When I enquired about the condition of his knee (which he had severely injured in one of his Judo sparing bouts), he claimed that it was fine and fully recovered. Then, he told me something that amazed me. He claimed that his abdominal muscles (Abs) had developed enough that he could now do 500 crunches!!!!!!! Also, his aim was to reach 1000 crunches (he didn't say in what time period)!!!!!!!! Well...well...well, that, my dear friends is true muscle endurance. I expressed my amazement and congratulated him. I was getting late for work and so I bade him "Good Day". As I jogged home, I wondered about the crunches I was able to do which, with effort, would reach a mere 100 :-(

No comments: