Friday, April 25, 2008

"Lungs" of the city being destroyed!

If you read the papers and the link below you will realize that what is obviously of benefit to all who dwell in this city, is slowly but surely being "hacked" to death. I am really really livid about such news because I run in a forest and dread to see the day they come with their bull-dozers to "take away my breath". The audacious "penal levy" of a paltry 70 paise per sq ft for raping the city makes the bile rise in my throat. Oh, how I would love to sit in judgement on such an issue and punish the builders and government officials that allowed this to happen by pronouncing that they all be hung upside down from the trees in that very forest (and whats left of it) so that they are preyed upon by the many leopards and panthers that lurk around after dark.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2171962.cms

4 comments:

Violet Star said...

My heart cried as my words were lost

In anguished silence in the ruthless land

Of steel and cement,

Of money and madness

Of lust and greed

Oh! How green was my valley!

How pure were the delights of

The afternoon sun as it trickled through the trees

Of my childhood and youth…

So many moments lie fossilized now

In the cut down arms of trees long gone by-

An era perished, a childhood lost

A Youth hood with Ah! But no belief in Mankind

Is this a Legacy we live for our Children ?

Hey Child, Stay Wild !

danzico said...

You seem to be gifted in poetry. This particular one was "custom written" for my post:-)

Violet Star said...

Yes, it was. Your feelings about protecting our fast depleting natural reserves is shared by me unequivocally. I am exasperated at my own lethargy to do something, anything to protect the last traces of Nature's bounty. As I see the dwindling hills around my house fall prey to Man's greed, I watch and worry - will our future generation see only simulations of Nature or ever feel the softness of dews on evergreen leaves....
Your write up evoked a sponatneous response. Thats all.I hope you dont mind.

danzico said...

No I didn't mind at all. A lot of people share this concern for the fact that I children will see less and less of the world' natural beauty.