Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The day after

The day after my "junk miles", I set out from home early morning. Somehow, just as I knew on saturday, that I was not in form, I knew this sunday, that I was feeling strong! Well, true feelings never lie and whaddya know; I ran a 10K in 47 mins! I revelled in the comfort, speed and length of my strides:-) Also, since I had so much time on hand before I could head home for a sunday morning breakfast of eggs, chicken sausages and cheese (yes sir, you spoil yourself cause you earn these occasional sinful delights thru' running), I decided to just stroll around and savor the morning sun ( a surya namaskar was in order), acknowledge the smiles of my walker friends (who raised an eyebrow or two on seeing me doing nothing) and I literally stopped to "smell the roses".

2 comments:

Violet Star said...

Daniel,
That you took time to savor Nature reminded me of W.H.Davies poem:

"What is this life if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare.
No time to stand beneath the boughs
And stare as long as sheep or cows.
No time to see, when woods we pass,
Where squirrels hide their nuts in grass.
No time to see, in broad daylight,
Streams full of stars, like skies at night.
No time to turn at Beauty's glance,
And watch her feet, how they can dance.
No time to wait till her mouth can
Enrich that smile her eyes began.
A poor life this if, full of care,
We have no time to stand and stare."


Life is more than a rat race.It is really mesmerizing to actually breathe and feel a moment. Try it! How often do we just whizz past without savoring the moment. A wasted moment is a wasted memory.

danzico said...

Gee weez. I had thought of this poem when I was writing the blog and thought I should have added it. It is my favourite BTW. I know this poem "by heart":-)