Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas cheer

I finally managed to get away a little earlier from work on christmas eve and get things done around the house. Midnight mass and the homily served to be thought provoking. The priest evoked a sense of deep contemplation in the congregation by emphasizing that tis the season for giving and not just merry making. He spoke about empathy and about just being there for people that need us - not in terms of financial or material help - but in terms of laying a shoulder to cry on.

I had put in a decent long run that morning fully realizing that I would not be able to do it anytime later in the week; christmas celebrations are rather unkind to our physiology:-) I was surprised that with just 4 days of abstinence (that I diligently forced myself to do) I had an RPE of 5 after the run. It means the liver smiles when it is not burdened with the task of processing spirits:-)

Christmas day was spent in replying numerous sms wishes, visiting my folks and mother, handing out gifts and a delicious lunch and dinner with a generous helping of appertiffs - making up for the abstinence Dan? I must remember to add to my "giving" list, a donation to Mother Teresa' home - a breakfast or lunch for all the inmates, both, at the one in Vile Parle as well as the one in Borivali. I must not forget the biscuits that I promised the strays in Aarey Colony, which will work out to be a few 10s of kilos. Surely goodness and kindness shall follow me this new year 2010.

No comments: