Friday, July 31, 2009

A tale of 2 puppies

I woke up with a mild feeling of exhaustion but as soon as I got into the groove for my run, it subsided. I was doing some speed circuits around the "lotus lake" when I noticed some soul stirring sights. As I was speeding towards a narrow pathway in the forest, I noticed this huge cow nuzzling a small puppy. I slowed down with a smile and a tender feeling in my heart. I watched the cow lick the puppy just like a mother' instinct reaches out to young ones - even if they are not her own. I was tickled with the sight as I watched the puppy actually enjoying the affection poured on it.

I was well into my circuits, part of which covers the main road wherein I have to be extremely alert as cars and buses go speeding on this stretch. I was again cruising at pace when I noticed this puppy happily trotting on the road, towards me. I was alarmed at this casual sauntering and realised that the puppy will surely be run over by a car as it could hardly be seen against the brown coloured mud path. I slowed down and "bajaoed" him and reached to catch him. Whaddya know; the punter tries to bite me! I then bajaoed him even more and he realised that I must mean business cause suddenly his bravado was replaced with a whine. He now allowed me to carry him and I had to complete my rep in an uncomfortable running posture. I seemed to sway from side to side holding the puppy away from my body and down. I had to make sure he does not change his mind and again snaps at me. If he draws blood, it would mean 6 goddamn anti-rabies injections! - so much for saving a life:-)

No comments: