Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Sunrise, sunset; quickly goes the day

The title is part of the lyrics from "Fiddler on the roof" and I thought of it because I wanted to pen my experience of double runs in a day. The log lists them as am. and pm. runs. It all began when I concluded my run yesterday morning for a decent 2 hrs and returned home to a leisurely breakfast. I was feeling exhausted from the weekend I'd spent at Coimbatore and so I decided to take the day off.

Dojo was very pleased because, I understand that he looked out for me the entire day of Sunday. He of course knows its a Sunday because he gets to gorge on some delectable mutton paya. He also has seen that I give him a bath prior to the paya treat and this was missing on Sunday. He pranced around in joy and snuggled near my feet as I put my legs up to watch television. Bryan too was pleasantly surprised on reaching home, to find me lounging in front of the TV.

I had nothing much to do in the evening except take Bryan on my "bullet" to buy some stuff from the market. I dressed for a run and as soon as I reached Bryan back at our building gates, I took off on another short run. I wanted to check whether my legs would hold and I found that I could manage a decent 45 mins at a doddering pace. About halfway on my return the heavens opened up and there was a mighty cloud burst that drenched me to the core. I was worried about the cold that was tenaciously holding on to my lungs but enjoyed the shower anyway. Well, at least I don't need to do my run tomorrow morning when I drop Bryan at his bus-stop. Maybe I'll do a set of body weight strength training exercizes to get back in muscular shape:-)

I need to take a break from this work schedule that seems to be taking a toll on me, physically and mentally. I wish I could have called in sick for 3 days and continued with my break from yesterday. Well, I guess I have to toil for now for the good lord certainly has a desire to give me a learning experience in this time of hardship. As I've often stated, the lord is my shepherd.

No comments: