Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sabbath day run

Remember to keep holy the Sabbath day, says the bible. While, I could not make time for the church, I had to commune with nature and experience holiness thru' it. And so it was a Sunday morning, 5:30am, Western Express Highway, nary a soul, cruising speed on my Bullet, 55 kmph...gudugudugudugudu, scent of rain and the buzz from the caffeine in my morning cuppa. It does not take too much to feel happy.

I parked my Bike and began my run at national park. It was cool and I could smell the rain. I looked around and my heart sang paens about the beauty in nature; the glistening raindrops on green foliage, earthy odours, tiny rivulets, gushing torrents where hitherto there was a dry river bed, winding mud paths, walkers conversing while attempting a brisk pace and my own breath coming in gentle rhythms. I finished my run subtantially dehydrated and low on blood sugar but what the heck, the bike ride back home would be a thrill. I stopped at a nimbu sodawalla and guzzled a glass full and felt my parched throat easing up. Now for a plate of double half-fry eggs and toast and then to the ritual of a fortnightly bath for Dojo.

No comments: