Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A new dawn

I woke up at 4:45am from a sleep of the dead. I wanted to sleep some more but it cannot be, for I have been blighted by a streak of insomnia for years. I must say that the last few nights have been amazingly different and I wonder what soothing potion or emotion has caused this flood of Tryptophan, which has otherwise been so elusive. I am sure it will be short-lived but then I must pray that it stays a while.

Everything is new; starting with my professional life and then there are the two marathons that I raced in less than a month and yes, my focus on the things that I have to do (nay accomplish) this year. I am working on a new schedule to help me enjoy my runs and yet focus on quality. I must also focus on strength and flexibility, that has been my forte for many years. Most of all, I must focus inwards and find solace inside my coccoon. It is alright to occasionally venture out to see if things have changed: they won't and that' not surprising.
My run today was dot on target but the RPE was a tad on the higher side. I wasn't too concerned because I was enjoying myself and changing pace to make sure I did. I met an RFL'er who described a problem and I diagnosed it as "leg length discrepancy" after a few queries and a repeated nod of his head. I advised him to confirm this with an Orthopedist. He had a bright smile when he expressed his gratitude and it made me happy. Further on, and I met the Aarey Walkers who are organizing a walking race. They confered on me, the honor of "Chief Guest" but I had to decline as I explained my commitments to NIKE.

Just the other day they had a "HOLI" function and it was nice to commune with them and eat hot desi snacks. I met my runner friend Mahesh and his gesture of respect, makes it worth my while to stop and listen to his runners' travails. He requested that I come to the start of the "Greenathon" as it would bouy his spirits - Yes, I think I will do it for him. I zipped up my pace in the last 2K as its going to be a long day. I have a flight to catch and bags to pack and Dojo, the only true friend, to whom I whisper that "I'll be back soon to tickle him":-)

No comments: