Monday, March 1, 2010

Lana' day out

Sunday and its my time at the NIKE RUN CLUB. I did a less than satisfactory speed workout - well, I could not hold my pace, so I settled for something easier. The runners seem to enjoy our fun workouts involving zig zag runs and jumps and what have you. An older woman found it particularly difficult to do the one-legged hops and stretches but found the routine energizing. She bade us, "God bless you people!".

Lana is down from Seattle and we decided to take her out to "Prataps" since Russell was keen that she enjoy the fare served there. I do know that Russell had a fine time when we went there, post SCMM 2010. I called Bamoo to accompany us since its hilarious to see him order the food and the waiters around. Bamoo declined liquor because he religiously observes "Lent". However, he seemed to more than make up with the food:-).

We ordered prawn satay, chicken satay, pepper and garlic prawns, bombay duck, pomfret, rawas, prawn biryani, gassi, neer dosas - Oh God! Even as I write this post, I am clear that I will eat just "Dahi" for dinner. We stuffed ourselves to the gills. I, of course, made sure I got a wee bit "happy" with a nip of rum. A peaceful drive back and I slept like a log, to wake up and find it was 7:30pm! The day just breezed by. I wish I could sleep like this on most nights.

No comments: