Friday, January 8, 2010

The Final Countdown

I sent out a mail to my Colpal runners instructing them about the things they ought to do before the race that they have been training for all year round ie SCMM 2010. In a way it was also the final mail that I would be sending them considering that they had contracted to undergo training for this specific race. I am unhappy about the way things have panned out over the last year in this training program and I feel hurt at being treated that way. I am not sure what it is that I have done wrong to be treated as such - I'm a nice guy:-) I honestly think so because I make herculean efforts in my professional and personal life to be nice to people:-) I don't think I look forward to being treated this way - I don't do this for the money so I can do without being insulted. I am going to miss my wards:-((

Anyways, I do hope the final countdown works for me as I am furthest from its recommendations. I have no set training schedule and I am making do with whatever time I have at my disposal. To add to it my "diet" is far from exemplary or in-line with the recommendations that a coach should hand out to his wards:-) Despite all this I have an audacious and ridiculous race plan in mind and most of it is wishful thinking:-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Something from Khalil Gibran for you:-)

"We wanderers, ever seeking the lonelier way, begin no day where we have ended another day; and no sunrise finds us where sunset left us.
Even while the earth sleeps we travel.
We are the seeds of the tenacious plant, and it is in our ripeness and our fullness of heart that we are given to the wind and are scattered.
Brief were my days among you, and briefer still the words I have spoken.
But should my voice fade in your ears, and my love vanish in your memory, then I will come again,
And with a richer heart and lips more yielding to the spirit will I speak.
Yea, I shall return with the tide,
And though death may hide me, and the greater silence enfold me, yet again will I seek your understanding.
And not in vain will I seek.
If aught I have said is truth, that truth shall reveal itself in a clearer voice, and in words more kin to your thoughts."

And Also:
"You are also as strong as your strongest link.
To measure you by your smallest deed is to reckon the power of ocean by the frailty of its foam.
To judge you by your failures is to cast blame upon the seasons for their inconsistency.
Ay, you are like an ocean,
And though heavy-grounded ships await the tide upon your shores, yet, even like an ocean, you cannot hasten your tides.
And like the seasons you are also,
And though in your winter you deny your spring,
Yet spring, reposing within you, smiles in her drowsiness and is not offended.
Think not I say these things in order that you may say the one to the other, "He praised us well. He saw but the good in us."

Cheer Up! Every end is a new beginning. How dare you see the darkness when every cloud has a silver lining:-).
The Race is calling you and it is going to be a beautiful year ahead.Atta Boy! Danny Boy!