Monday, October 26, 2009

An unusual government


I was informed by an elderly gentleman at the Acropolis ruins in Athens, that the Greek Government cares for its strays. That answered my question about the number of dogs that I saw on the streets of Athens. All of them would wag their tails and turn over on to their back for a tickle in the belly:-) I noticed that the people that walked by were careful not to step on them. The most stiring sight of all was a poor old man that shared his food with one of the strays. The dog seemed to jump up and paw him, as if thanking and acknowledging him for his unselfishness. The man was patiently tearing open, what seemed like a quiche, and offering the contents for the dog. I wish every government would learn to be so kind hearted to animals.


No comments: