Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ladder logic

The title pertains to something I learnt in 'Control Theory' but I thought it made sense in today' work out in a 'lateral' sort of way. I did a 'ladder' speed work out and managed it reasonably well. However, it is important to add that I felt well rested and that this workout is one of the easier progressions that I had done last year, before Lausanne. So, it wasn't a big deal; but, it came as much needed relief because I thought I was going to 'bonk'. What with all the alarm about having kicked my liver around and its apparently recent vengeance in pronouncing me a "failed" in my Half Marathon trials! So, its not entirely erroneous to conclude that 'logic' says, I'm fine - or am I?

I have to await the outcome of my next few workouts but until then I am going to be on tenterhooks. It felt nice to return home on my 'bullet' put-putting away in comfortable gear and getting a nice 'tail-wagging' welcome from Dojo. He seemed to sense that it was indeed a 'Good morning' for me:-) I devoured the 'native' fried eggs that were brought from Assam, from Minoti' village with the yolk a deep golden yellow; much like the sun rise that I'd seen today. All I gotta do now is ensure that I don't get drawn into the binges that are a standard in our evening tipples at Coimbatore, where I am headed tomorrow. Take it easy Dan.

No comments: