Tuesday, March 31, 2009

And then one day you find.....

.....ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again!

These lyrics from Pink Floyd' Time are appropriate for those that have yet to experience the soul and samba in running. It is also exactly 10 years since I moved to Andheri(E) and began running at Aarey. Oh! how fast time has flown. I remember Bryan as a 3+ yr old tot and how nice his tiny hands felt in mine. I remember the joy of running in the woods with its lush green ambience and a nip in the early morning air and "feeling" Robert Frost'.......the woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep and miles...........sleep. I get nostalgic about my own school years when I remember...whose woods these are I think I know. I can feel the chill and the snow and the horse flaring his nostrils in the cold air - though I'd never seen snow before then.

Oh! what a difference it has been, from running repeated loops of 600m in Lokhandwala:-); and running to Andheri station and back whenever I felt like doing a 10K. I had to ensure that I reached back well before the traffic increased and I also had to contend with people wondering as to why this guy runs so much - distance running was alien then. I love my running route now; am lucky to be blessed with it; and yes, I love running - period. Amen

No comments: