Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Farewell my friend

When I learnt the tragic news of the sudden death of my friend in the USA, from Russell, I was filled with a strange sadness. We had the time of our lives when I was in Xaviers and IIT. It is coincidental and prescient that I was humming a tune to myself on the day before the news; a song that I used to play on the Guitar and my hostel mates (especially Percy my roomie) revelled in the words, lost in their future.

Once upon a time there was a tavern
where we used to raise a glass or two
remember how we passed away the hours
sharing all the things we used to do

Thooossse were the days my friend
we thought they'd never end
we'd sing and dance forever and a day
we'd live the life we choose
we'd fight we'd never lose
for we were young and sure to have our way.....La la la la la la.....
Farewell my friend and eternal rest grant unto you; may your soul rest in peace.

No comments: