Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time

Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
Wasting the hours in an off-hand way-e-yay
The sun is the same in the relative way but you're older
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death

Tired of lying in the sunshine, staying home to watch the rain
Plans that either come to nought or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
The time is gone, the song is over,
I thought I'd something more to say :-(

That was the "dark side of the moon". The bright side for me is that I have made "running" a constant in my life, so far. It has also been my only and constant companion in times of inner strife; helping me sift thru' the confusion of thoughts. A companion like Dojo; who came up to me when I lay awake last night and curled near my feet. As if in silent communion with and compassionate to my situation. I pray that the almighty give me the good health to keep running. Its going to be a new year soon and it will bring good tidings - I'm sure. The resolve is even stronger to get up and run - everytime I fall.

No comments: