Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Dilip is headed for Antarctica

Today was the first speed work out after a rather long lay off from my Marathon in Lausanne. I had just completed it and was sipping water while feeling the nip in the air when Dilip came by with a jovial "Hi Daniel". We shook hands and talked about life in general. I then told him about my ex-boss who I'd met up with in Switzerland and the information I had about his trip to Antarctica. I realized with a pleasant surprise that Dilip had already firmed up his plans and was headed there on Jan 19, 2009! It also happened that the details he shared with me exactly matched with the information I had from my ex-boss ie fly to Sau Paulo, spend 4 days, Buenos Aires, spend 2 days, Chile, Peru and then with an "ice breaker" head out for Antarctica with a team of Zoologists, Biologists, Doctors and food rations for the entire trip.
I envied Dilip for this but it seems he envied me more for the fact that I ran a Marathon in Switzerland while on holiday! He complimented me on making his day with some "healthy news":-)) We waved off with a promise to meet up for a drink one of these days:-)

No comments: