Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cleaning the cobwebs

I've returned from an exausting tour to Andhra Pradesh after 4 days. I had not run in this period as I had a dawn to dusk routine. I decided to lace up and go for a run at 11:30am. I needed to clean up the cobwebs in my mind and my body. I did not realize that the winter had gone by and summer was already on us. The heat was quite discomforting and I finished 11K with a dry mouth and a body that was feeling the first traces of "heat exhaustion".
I must remember to warn and advise all running pals to beware of going out for a late morning run. Nevertheless, I am now at home with Bryan (who is playing a video football game; England v/s Sweden:-)) and Dojo (who is curled up after his mad-hatter runs to welcome me) and of course a well-deserved beer in my hand:-)
I was tense before the run and feel much better now.

No comments: