Tuesday, August 31, 2010

KTM taper

The Kaveri Trail Marathon is round the corner and although I now need, as a seasoned marathoner, a taper of 2 weeks, I am still contemplating starting my taper 3 weeks before. The "Nirvana" run was a blast on the endurance front and the crowd of runners showed how much the group has grown over the last one year. I somehow miss my solitary long runs though.

I am in much better shape now, both physically and mentally. It has been a stressful two weeks. I am glad its behind me now and I can handle anything that' thrown at me now. The bright spots were the meetups with Bamoo and Russell. Nothing like a few tipples with good ol' buddies from your youth. There is the mail from Val and Mal urging that we do some pubs but then they too agree that the loud music gets to you after a while. Well, I cannot handle loud pubs and I don't understand the people that go there. I'd rather that the music was a soft jazz piano playing the blues.

After KTM, which I will run as a long run rather than race, there will be the Ultra in November and the Nike Run Club (NRC) too will begin. I guess I will to give a miss to the runs that the group plans in Amby Valley or elsewhere. I think it is better to mingle once in a while. Besides, I have to plan a trip to Mahabaleshwar with the family including Dojo. This will mean I have to give NRC a few misses but then I'd rather miss these for the family than for the runs. I have had my fill of fraternizing and its better that way. I have taken a break from work as I am feeling a little under the weather and listening to Bob Dylan seems like deja vu and is also making me feel good;

How many years can a mountain exist,
before it is washed to the sea?
How many years can some people exist,
before they're allowed to be free?
And how many times can a man turn his head,
and pretend that he just doesn't see?

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind,
the answer is blowing in the wind.

5 comments:

oakleyses said...

ugg boots, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, replica watches, louboutin pas cher, tiffany and co, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, nike air max, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton outlet, polo outlet, longchamp pas cher, jordan shoes, kate spade outlet, louis vuitton, nike air max, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, nike roshe, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton, air max, oakley sunglasses wholesale, sac longchamp pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, uggs on sale, replica watches, nike free run, nike free, prada handbags, jordan pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin uk, michael kors pas cher, nike outlet, ugg boots, burberry pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet online

oakleyses said...

pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, links of london, ugg, converse, doudoune moncler, pandora jewelry, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose uk, barbour uk, canada goose outlet, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, moncler, thomas sabo, replica watches, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, louis vuitton, marc jacobs, toms shoes, canada goose, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose outlet, ugg pas cher, hollister, moncler outlet, swarovski, canada goose outlet, canada goose jackets, ugg uk, nike air max, supra shoes, moncler uk, vans, gucci, pandora uk, ray ban, hollister, karen millen uk, wedding dresses, swarovski crystal, moncler, louis vuitton, coach outlet, juicy couture outlet, barbour, lancel, canada goose

chenlina said...

chenlina20161220
michael kors outlet
prada handbags
nike outlet
ray ban sunglasses uk
louis vuitton handbags
tory burch handbags
ugg outlet
ralph lauren polo
tiffany jewelry
ugg boots

Mai said...

الجميرة
شركة مكافحة الصراصير دبى
شركة تمكافحة الفئران بدبى
خدمات دبي

Mai said...

شركات تعقيم الفلل ضد فيروس كورونا فى العين
شركات تعقيم الشقق من الكورونا فى العين