Sunday, June 28, 2009

Running with exhaustion and a bad stomach

After a hectic week of travel (on Friday I was on the road for 18 hrs!) with a stomach infection that I picked up somewhere in "Pollachi", I mulled the prospect of putting in at least a one hour run. I woke up at 5am on Sunday with a desire to dash to the Loo. When I'd settled down with a black coffee, I took stock. I found that my heart rate was Ok and I wasn't really feeling "under the weather". I pulled on my socks and shoes and set off on my 'Bullet'. The smell of rain and an overcast sky was enough to cheer me up.

I started hesistantly with a jog and watched my heart rate and breathing. All was Ok and I even managed to feel a spring in my stride. I knew however, that the dehydration from the visits to the Loo would catch soon. I met up with Diwakar, Priyankar, Aravind, Santosh, Sunil and Sohanlal; all fellow runners, most coming out of hibernation to gear up for SCMM:-) All in all a decent run considering that my physiological state was rotten.

No comments: