Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Of commitments and priorities

I have an assignment (nay, a commitment) to drop Bryan off at his school bustop at 7am. This gives me just enough time to do a 5K (not good enough for a marathoner like me) and return home so that I can leave for work at 8:10am. On one day in a week, when I have a "hard work-out" scheduled, I make a deal with Bryan and the maid so that she drops him and I can leave for my work-out at 6am.

Last night, I mentioned to Bryan that the maid would have to drop him and hearing him sigh, "Ooookay", I realized that for some reason he didn't want to walk with the maid, to the bustop (we go on my Yamaha). Maybe it was because he did a "long" run yesterday, in preparation for his upcoming 4.2K race, and his legs were aching. I told him that I would try and leave late for work and that I would drop him. This lit up his eyes.

When I woke up this morning, I realized that I am scheduled to reach Mahim Church for the Novena at 8:30am (a commitment that I try to keep). This would mean I would have to leave the house by 8am; which in turn would mean that, after dropping Bryan I would have hardly any time! I immediately modified my workout so that it had the "zing" but the time taken would be half. It was a "compromise" so that I could keep my commitment to Bryan and God intact. I made all three; Bryan' drop, the workout and the Novena possible.

Impossible is nothing!!!! :-))))

No comments: