Saturday, June 7, 2008

A 12K for the "blubber"

I was in Coimbatore on the 4th day of my business tour and found that all the "camaraderie" of the evenings was showing on my tummy. Goodness gracious! I felt the first signs of a "jiggle" in my belly when I started to jog. So off I went to the "race course", a 2.5K circuit, very thoughfully built by the "Coimbatore Municipal Corp. I began my run on the outer rim and completed a 10K in 52 mins. I got stares from all walkers (almost everyone in this small "town" wants to walk here) and - looks - as if running is an "alien" activity":-)

I ran all the way back to my hotel which made it 12K. However, the "appertiffs" in the evening cancelled whatever "energy expenditure" I had made:-) So much for reducing the "blubber" - sheeeessshhhh!!!!

No comments: