Thursday, January 24, 2008

Aarey runners appraisal

Mahesh (who is a 10K state level runner) called me yesterday and expressed that the 3:30 he did in the mumbai marathon could have been bettered if he had consulted me in the week before the race. Mahesh is blessed; in that he did not get a chance to train much as he has a job with a tour operator. He got some tips from me as to what to do in the month before the marathon. However, in the week before, I was too busy.

Sunil was down and out after doing his first marathon. He finds the distance intimidating. Rupesh (who I named in my report) has vowed never to do a marathon. I have to counsel these guys! I too have a fever since the last few days due to the stress of both the marathon and "other" stresses. I should not have travelled the next day - but work is work!

Rajesh and Pankaj came thru' in 4:59 and 5:01. I need to meet them to inform them (especially Rajesh) the mistakes they made.